1.28.2009

indian chicken


I realize this isn't authentic Indian food... it's more of a curried BBQ chicken, but nonetheless, I got this recipe from a friend and we all love it. It's got just the tiniest hint of heat but Tech Guy and the boys eat inhale it without blinking so that tells you it's pretty mild...

Indian Chicken

3/4 cup ketchup
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup vinegar
1 tsp mustard
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp curry powder
3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp butter
Chicken pieces (I used drumsticks and thighs)

Combine all ingredients and pour over chicken. Bake at 375* for 1 - 1 1/2 hours. Serve with Basmati rice and a choice of vegetables.

Notes:
1. I usually double the sauce recipe and serve with the rice.
2. I always skin the chicken first, healthier and the flavour is infused right into the chicken instead of the skin.

1 comment:

Norma said...

I'm gonna have to try that - it it's not to hot for the men in your life, I can probably handle it! :)