4.16.2011

{ hobo dinners }

hobo dinnerI’ve received quite a few comments on the hobo dinner in my menu plan. Some of you had never heard of them, and I promise once I let you in on this little secret you’ll be making it every week!

There’s a lot of variations to this recipe… I generally stick to farmer’s sausage for the meat (we have excellent fresh options available) and a lot of people do this while camping or at least over the fire, but I generally just do it in my oven or grill.

All you need is:

Aluminum foil
Meat of some kind (hamburger, farmer’s sausage, hot dogs, chicken, even salmon, shrimp, etc. possibilities are endless!)
Potatoes, quartered
Baby carrots or carrot sticks
Onions, mushrooms, peppers, zucchini, etc. cut into bite size pieces
Salt & pepper
Seasoning salt

Wrap individual amounts into little foil packets and bake at 350 for about an hour, maybe a little less. Enjoy!

Photo source here.

No comments: